Suffering from Long-COVID? A well researched coenzyme, NAD+, can help you get over your chronic fatigue, headaches, and muscle pain caused by COVID-19 According to the likes of Professor David A. Sinclair, the renowned Harvard Medical School anti-ageing genius.
First Of All, What Is NAD+?
NAD+ is a vital coenzyme found in every living cell in our bodies. Each cell in your body has mitochondria, which are often referred to as the engines of the cell. NAD+ is essential for your mitochondria to produce a chemical known as ATP that fuels the cell functions. ATP is used by our cells to carry out every single function our body needs to survive.
Without NAD+, your cells cannot metabolize carbohydrates, fats and amino acids. NAD+ also plays a critical role in regulating our DNA repair, lengthening telomeres, and protecting our bodies from ageing (keeping us looking and feeling young) and disease.
The NAD+ Decline
As we age, our NAD+ levels decline. A decline in NAD+ results in chronic fatigue, brain fog and a compromised immune system. The sad truth is we lose up to 50% of our NAD+ as we age; by middle age, our levels of NAD fall to half of the youthful levels.
How Does NAD+ Help With Long-COVID?
First of all, let us look at the science:
- NAD+ can produce both antiviral and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Patients with severe COVID-19 symptoms have shown significantly less NAD+ concentrations in their tissues & organs.
- COVID-19 viral infections deplete cellular NAD+ sources.
- Our bodies’ cannot accomplish critical antiviral activities without NAD+ dependent enzymes.
- COVID-19 causes hyperactivity of the immune system, which is counteracted by NAD+ boosting compounds.
- NAD+ is an emerging regulator of the immune system response during a viral infection.
- Low NAD+ levels are suggested to be a risk factor for COVID-19.
“NAD+ is the closest we’ve gotten to a fountain of youth. It’s one of the most important molecules for life to exist, and without it, you’re dead in 30 seconds.” – Professor Sinclair.
Harvard researchers, such as Professor David A. Sinclair, recommend NAD+ as a COVID-19 treatment and even as a preventative. NAD+ restores your immune system to stimulate a younger and stronger immune system, thus allowing our bodies to fight the virus faster – before it wreaks havoc on our lungs and other organs.
As we age, the strength of our immune systems declines and tends to recognize and respond to pathogens less effectively. A weaker immune system gives the coronavirus opportunity to replicate and causes more serious disease. Thus, NAD+ boosters can help Long-COVID sufferer strengthen their immune system, and a stronger immune system can recognize, respond and finally begin to clear the coronavirus.